REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery
R9 is a high-quality 200 Ah lithium iron battery, offering superior energy storage for homes, businesses, data centres and telecoms base stations.
A lithium iron battery has a service lifespan of 15 to 25 years, depending on how it is used. The system offers unrivalled value in terms of life cycle cost and capital outlay. REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery and 2nd LiFe batteries are environmentally responsible, reducing electronic waste and re-purposing important materials. The R9 battery is designed with a cycle-life of over 7000 cycles, making them ideal for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
- Best cost per cycle for a lithium-iron battery
- expected lifetime of 10 years at 25°C
- suitable for daily cycling
- lightweight and suitable for wall mounting
- integrated battery management system, with LCD display
- extreme temperature resilience
- compatible with all known Victron and Sunsynk inverters.
Battery Management System Function
REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery
- Cell and battery voltage detection.
- RS485 communication interface.
- Battery charge and discharge control (MOSFET).
- Cell, ambient and MOSFET temperature detection.
- Display of the Battery capacity and number of cycles.
- Cells balancing – Equalization of single cells intelligently.
- Watchdog protection for circuits to ensure safe operation.
- Nominal Voltage 51.2 (25.6V x 2).
- Capacity (C/2) 200Ah.
- Energy (C/2) 10.24Wh.
- Maintenance Charge the battery every
6 months when in storage.
- Voltage window [V]: 40 – 60.
- Float Charge Voltage [V]: 54.4.
- Boost Charge Voltage [V]: 55.5.
- Bulk Charge Voltage[V]: 54.4.
- Battery Disconnect[V]: 54.4.
- Recharge Time (Hours): 2 @ 0.5°C
- Nominal Voltage: 51.2.
- Designed Cycle Life 25oC: 7000 cycles.
- Charge: Zero / 45oC.
- Discharge: -20oC / 60oC.
- Transport Regulation Compliance :UN3480.
- Short Term Storage: -10oC~ 45oC (<3 months, SOC: 20%~60%)
- Long Term Storage: -10oC~ 40oC
- EMC Standard Compliance: EN 61000 chapter 4.2, 4.3, 4.5, 4.6/EN55022
- Certificate TUV SUD/CE UL1642/
- Battery Size: Length x Width x Height 520mm x 442mm x 170mm
- Battery Weight: 53kg
Each BMS must have a dedicated fuse (125A) to protect the system
REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery and other REVOV 2nd LiFe batteries are environmentally responsible, reducing electronic waste, reusing important materials and enabling the move away from fossil fuels. The product delivers extreme temperature resilience and high energy density and in a low weight form factor that allows rack or wall mounting.
What is a 2nd LiFe battery?
A 2nd LiFe battery, like REVOV’s 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery, has already served as the battery in an electric vehicle. It is then expertly repurposed for use as a stationary energy storage system – and still has an expected lifespan of 10 to 15 years.This makes it much more affordable and more environmentally friendly than other lithium batteries.
What are the best lithium batteries in South Africa for energy storage?
Lithium-iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are the best energy storage batteries currently available.
They use newer technology and provide better performance than lead-acid batteries, which include gel and Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) batteries.
Lead-acid lithium batteries have been available for many years and are still widely used for energy storage. However, they have some disadvantages.They contain toxic acid – which poses safety and environmental hazards – and this acid may have to be refilled periodically. They also have a much lower depth of discharge (DOD), lower capacity and shorter lifespan than LiFePO4 batteries.Why consider the R100 battery for your energy storage needs?
The REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery offers superior performance at the lowest available cost per cycle.Charge from a sustainable energy source or directly from the national grid, to get a reliable supply of power whenever it’s needed.With a 5kWh capacity, a single R9 battery is ideal for starting a DC backup power system for your home or office.The system can easily be scaled according to needs, with more batteries added as required based on power usage and consumption requirements.
LiFePO4 batteries: what are they?
Batteries made on lithium iron phosphate are known as LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) batteries. Various other lithium batteries are as follows:
- Oxide of Lithium Cobalt (LiCoO22)
- Oxide of Lithium Nickel Manganese and Cobalt (LiNiMnCoO2)
- Titanium Lithium (LTO)
- Manganese Oxide in Lithium (LiMn2O4)
- Oxide of Lithium Nickel Cobalt (LiNiCoAlO2)
- Some of these substances may be familiar to you from chemistry. You probably spent a lot of time there memorizing the periodic table or simply gazing at it on the teacher’s wall. You conducted your tests there (or, stared at your crush while pretending to pay attention to the experiments).
- Of course, occasionally a student who loves experiments goes on to become a chemist. The ideal lithium battery combinations were also found by chemists. That’s the quick version of how the birth of the LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) battery. (By the University of Texas, specifically, in 1996). The safest, most trustworthy, and most stable lithium battery is now known as LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery).
A Synopsis of LiFePO4 Battery History
- Arumugam Manthiram and John B. Goodenough invented the LiFePO4 battery. The components used in lithium-ion batteries were initially discovered by them. Materials used as anodes in lithium-ion batteries are not particularly suited. This is due to their propensity for premature short-circuiting.
- Researchers found that cathode materials make better lithium-ion battery substitutes. And the LiFePO4 battery versions make this very evident. Fast-forward, boost conductivity and stability – all kinds of improvements, and poof! The birth of LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) batteries.
- Rechargeable LiFePO4 batteries are widely available nowadays. These batteries are utilized in a variety of practical applications, including solar panels, automobiles, boats, and more. LiFePO4 batteries lack cobalt and are less expensive than the majority of their substitutes (over time). It lasts longer and is non-toxic. But more on that will be covered later. The LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) battery has very promising future possibilities.
What, then, is better about the LiFePO4 battery?
LiFePO4 vs. Lithium Ion Batteries
- Let’s talk about what makes LiFePO4 batteries superior to lithium ion and other lithium batteries now that we are aware of what they are.
- Wearable electronics like watches are not well suited to the LiFePO4 battery. due to the fact that they don’t have the same energy density as other lithium-ion batteries. However, it is by far the ideal for things like solar energy systems, RVs, golf carts, bass boats, and electric motorcycles. Why?
- For starters, a LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) battery has a cycle life that is over 4 times longer than that of other lithium ion batteries.
- Additionally, compared to lithium ion and other battery types, it is the safest form of lithium battery on the market.
- Finally, LiFePO4 batteries not only have a lifespan of 3,000–5,000 cycles or more… They are able to discharge at full depth (DOD). Why is that relevant? Because of this, LiFePO4 batteries (unlike other batteries) eliminate the risk of overcharging.
- As a result, you can utilize it for a longer duration. A quality LiFePO4 battery can actually be used for many more years than other battery kinds. It has an estimated 5,000 cycle life. It’s around 10 years, then. The average cost over time is thus significantly better. This is how LiFePO4 batteries compare to lithium ion batteries.
Safe, Stable Chemistry
- Safety for lithium batteries is crucial. That has been made abundantly evident by the recent “exploding” lithium-ion laptop batteries. Safety is one of LiFePO4’s most significant advantages over other battery types. The most secure sort of lithium battery is LiFePO4. Actually, it’s the safest type of all.
- Overall, the most secure lithium chemistry is found in LifePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) batteries. Why? due to the greater thermal and structural stability of lithium iron phosphate. Lead acid and the majority of other battery types don’t have this to the same degree that LiFePO4 does. LiFePO4 is not flammable. It resists decomposition in high temperatures. It will maintain a cool temperature at room temperature and is not prone to thermal runaway.
- A LiFePO4 battery won’t catch fire or blow up if exposed to extreme temperatures or risky situations (such as short circuiting or a crash). This information is reassuring for people who often utilize deep cycle LiFePO4 batteries in an RV, bass boat, scooter, or liftgate.
- Because LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) batteries can be recharged, they already benefit the environment. However, their environmental friendliness goes farther. They are non-toxic and won’t leak, in contrast to lead acid and nickel oxide lithium batteries.
- They can also be recycled. However, since they endure for 5000 cycles, you won’t need to do that frequently. In other words, you can recharge them 5,000 times at the very least. Lead acid batteries, in contrast, only survive 300–400 cycles.
Excellent Efficiency and Performance
You desire a toxic-free, secure battery. However, you also want a battery that will work well. These figures demonstrate how LiFePO4 provides all of that and more:
- Charge efficiency: a LiFePO4 battery will reach full charge in 2 hours or less.
- Self-discharge rate when not in use: Only 2% per month. (Compared to 30% for lead acid batteries).
- Runtime is higher than lead acid batteries/other lithium batteries.
- Consistent power: same amount of amperage even when below 50% battery life.
- No maintenance needed.
Small and Lightweight
- The improvement of LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) batteries depends on a number of parameters. They are complete lightweights, speaking of weight. They actually weigh about 50% less than lithium manganese oxide batteries. They can be up to 70% lighter than lead acid batteries in terms of weight.
- Less petrol is used and improved maneuverability are the results of using a LiFePO4 battery in a car. Additionally, they are small, which frees up room on your scooter, boat, RV, or other industrial application.
LiFePO4 Batteries vs. Non-Lithium Batteries
LiFePO4 triumphs over lithium ion in the comparison between the two. However, how do LiFePO4 batteries stack up against other rechargeable batteries now available?
Lead Acid Batteries
Although lead acid batteries initially appear to be a good deal, they will ultimately cost you more money. That’s because you have to replace them more frequently and maintain them constantly. A LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) battery will last 2-4 times longer and requires no maintenance.
Gel batteries do not require frequent recharging, like LiFePO4 batteries. They won’t lose charge either when being stored. Where does LiFePO4 and gel diverge? The charging process is a significant factor. Gel batteries charge quite slowly. In order to avoid damaging them, you must unplug them when they are fully charged.
When AGM batteries are discharged past 50% of their capacity, they put themselves and your pocketbook at great danger of damage. It can be challenging to maintain them as well. Lithium-ion LiFePO4 (REVOV 2nd LiFe R9 200Ah 10200Wh Battery) batteries can be fully discharged without sustaining any damage.
REVOV is an energy storage solutions company that sells carry-case sized lithium-iron batteries. These are available as single units or in powerful systems of up to MWh sizes.
REVOV was founded in 2016 and has sold in excess of 20,000 batteries.
Our customers include wholesalers, installers and end users.
Backup power and renewable energy solutions
REVOV batteries can be charged directly from the electricity grid, to provide backup power to commercial, industrial or residential facilities.
Alternatively, they can be connected to renewable energy sources such as solar panels or wind turbines to provide continuous renewable energy
Energy storage solutions in South Africa and beyond
REVOV’s battery solutions directly address:
- the current insecurity of the electricity grid in South Africa
- variability in supply from renewable energy sources
- growing demand for energy storage in the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa
- the global call to reduce carbon emissions
View more revov products.