Etek DC 2P Mini Circuit Breaker 500V 32-63A
MCB the rated working voltage of DC circuit breakers specially used in photovoltaic can be as high as DC 1000V. The special arc extinguishing and current limiting system can quickly disconnect the fault current of the DC power distribution system. The photovoltaic module, an important component in solar power system, can avoid damages from high DC reverse current and AC feedback current caused by the inverter failure, ensuring a reliable operation of solar PV system.
|Rated current In
|1P, 2P, 4P
|Rated voltage Ue
|1P(250V), 2P(500V), 4P(1000V)
|Rated breaking capacity
|Rated impulse withstands voltage (1.5/50) Uimp
|Dielectric test voltage at ind. Freq. for 1 min
|Thermo-magnetic release characteristic
|Contact position indicator
|Reference temperature for setting of thermal elements
|Ambient temperature (with daily average≤35℃)
|Terminal connection type
|Cable/Pin-type busbar/U-type busbar
|Terminal size top/bottom for cable
|Terminal size top/bottom for busbar
|On DIN rail EN60715(35mm) by means of a fast clip device
|According to the wiring diagram
Differences between isolator and miniature circuit breaker?
Isolators are used in power systems while MCB is circuit breaker. Isolators are manually operated devices while circuit breakers are operated automatically. MCB are onload devices while isolators are offload devices. Isolator cuts out a portion of a substation when a fault occurs. The other devices operate without any interruption. The Circuit breaker is a device known as an Automatic circuit breaker (ACB) or Miniature circuit breaker (MCB), which trips the entire system if any fault occurs and thus the whole system is affected.
In low-voltage power distribution systems, isolator and circuit breakers are commonly used electrical devices. Although their purpose is very similar, in practice they are distinctly different.
- It is a switching / isolation device, intended to disconnect an equipment or electrical Load from the supply.
- It is an offload device; it can be operated only when the current passing through the circuit is zero. It can be operated only during offload condition.
- The basic intention behind using an isolator is to ensure safety during maintenance. Before operating an isolator, it must be ensured that the current flowing through the circuit is zero or within safety limits.
MCB (Miniature Circuit Breaker)
- It is a protection device. The basic function of a circuit breaker is to protect the equipment.
- Circuit breakers detect such faults and interrupt the power flowing toward the equipment / circuit, and prevent further damage to the equipment. The higher the intensity of the fault, the faster will be the interruption of power.
- MCB are equipped with a built-in arc quenching system. This enables them to be used during on load and fault conditions.
- It works during on load as well as offload condition.
- Isolator: IEC60947-3
- MCB: IEC60947-2 or IEC60898-1
Number of poles
- Isolators have 1, 2, 3, 4 pole.
- MCBs have 1, 1+N, 2, 3, 3+N ,4 pole.
Circuit breakers can operate automatically to disconnect the electrical circuit during unprecedented electrical surges, but they can also be operated manually. Isolator, however, can only be operated manually.
Short circuit withstanding capacity
Isolators have high short circuit withstanding capacity compared to MCBs.
Location of the circuit
- The isolator is generally used upstream of the circuit breaker as the main switch to isolate the circuit in a house.
- Isolator is designed to provide switching under load (even inductive) in household, commercial and industrial applications.
- Its main function is to allow maintenance of the electric system in safe conditions. It also grants complete insulation of the downstream circuits.
- MCB is generally used in circuits downstream of isolator to provide short-circuit and overload protection for electrical installations.
- In the event of a fault, it automatically shuts down the circuit to prevent damage to wires and avoid fire risks.
Although circuit breakers and isolating switches are common electrical devices in power distribution circuits, the application scope and functions of circuit breakers far exceed isolating switches, but in low-voltage power distribution systems, we still need to use them in a reasonable combination according to actual application scenarios. This can not only reduce the installation cost of the power distribution system but also provide safety protection.
Zhejiang ETEK Electrical Technology Co.,Ltd. (abbreviation:ETEK Electric) is a professional manufacturing company dedicated to the research and development, production and sales of low-voltage electrical appliances. The company was established in 2011 and is located in Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province. The company has an advanced production management system, production process and its products cover power safety products for household, commercial, industrial and similar facilities, such as Miniature circuit breakers (MCB), Residual current device (RCD), Isolating switches, Distribution boxes, Molded case circuit breakers (MCCB), Air circuit breakers (ACB), AC contactors, IoT smart circuit breakers, and Electric vehicle charging facilities (EV Charger), etc.
ETEK Electric is committed to solving customers’ pressures and challenges and creating value for customers. ETEK Electric With rich industry experience and a dynamic, professional and efficient senior team, we can provide customers with the best OEM/ODM services.
ETEK Electric always insists on providing our customers with safe and reliable electrical products. We hope our products can guarantee the power safety of users around the world.
View More Products